Friday, February 12, 2010

skiing:Skansebakken-Heggelia: Jan 7









It´s taken me a while to post these but I just had to share these photos. Last weekend I had my best skiing to date this year. The weather was just perfect, and everybody I met along the way was just smiling. This is "post-card" Norway at its best.
The trip started at Skansebakken and headed mostly uphill for the first 10 km, where I took my first pitstop. I continued further in for another 4,6 km to Heggelia where there is a cabin. Here they sell food and hot beverages.
Of interest, the Heggelia cabin was built in 1686 and has changed owners and uses through the years. In 1989 they started serving food and beverages, plus lodging.
http://www.skiforeningen.no/markadb/showpoi.cgi?id=6
Anyway, enjoy the photos:





1 comment:

  1. I wish Stian,Annika and Ken could have experienced this. What a fantastick day you must have had. Wonderful pictures!Mamma

    ReplyDelete