Wednesday, February 10, 2010

the bike is finally out!

I know, I know... I should have taken her out a lot sooner, but January has been insane cold, and I always struggle getting back into the routine of riding my bike to work. So this was the first bike ride outside in 2010.
But it was a slow start.
I went down to the basement to switch out the back tire with the studded tire. This should only take 10 minutes... but it seems I have not been very good at keeping her clean, poor thing. Just getting off the old tire took forever... then I just had to put fresh oil on the chain and rings. Not to mention wiping off most of the old dirt, oil, grime from last year. 30 minutes later I was finally ready to take her for a spin.
Now all I had to do was figure out what to wear, get all the reflector strips and lights, plus make sure I had a proper change of clothes with me to work.

The roads were nice and packed with snow, and very little ice, so it was a very nice ride. Only takes me 20 minutes, so its still faster than taking the car.
Today the sun is out again, so if I can leave work before 5 I can get some sun on my way home too.
Such a nice feeling sitting on the bike again :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment