Wednesday, February 03, 2010

car vs subway vs bike

I never seem to learn... do NOT take the car to work!
Basically I have 3 choices of transport: car, subway or bike.
The subway takes 15 minutes... when it is on time. (an unreliable form of transport at best... and always crammed with people who all seem to be sneezing and coughing... also, they just increased the price).
Bicycling can take anywhere from 15-20 minutes depending on how wet the roads are... or in the winter, how much snow/ice (but with studded tires, it is pretty safe). It gets me fresh air and costs absolutely nothing.
This morning I decided to use my 3rd alternative, the car. How long did it take me to get to work? 35 minutes!! (and that´s AFTER having shoveled the snow away and scraped the ice from the windows)
It´s only a 7 km distance! I could have walked next to my car!

Please... next time I toy with the idea of taking the car to work... come over and kick me in the a**!

No comments:

Post a Comment