Thursday, December 10, 2009

what, the president?

So the one day I decide to use the car to work (give me some slack, I`m still groggy from the virus) is the same day president Obama decides to visit our little country. I knew this before I started my car, but I figure how bad could it be way outside the outer loop?
Well... pretty bad.
It took me over 30 minutes just to cover 4 km (just past Bryn senter for those of you who know where I live).
When I finally exited the loop, Ring 3, the cars were at a standstill yet again. I still had a good kilometer left and saw no other solution but to park the car there, pay for public parking, and do a small jog the rest of the way.
This probably saved me at least 20 minutes, and it only took me 4 minutes on foot.
Only 2 out of my 7 students even made it on time, the last student coming in an hour late.

I`m excited about the president being here though. I just wish I would have taken my bike.
And I wish we could have given him a more white, snowy, wintery-feel Norway.

No comments:

Post a Comment