Sunday, April 25, 2010

race report: Sentrumsløpet - 10 km run

This was my 6th time running in the 10 km classic run in downtown Oslo.
Luckily the sun was out, so even though it was a little bit cold, it was perfect weather for shorts.
I had my doubts on whether I would be able to match my time from last year. I`ve been training pretty good this winter, but I have not really been keeping up with my running.
I ended up next to Trine in the starting area. We were both discussing our expectations and we both were hoping for around 41-42 minutes. The gun went off and a sea of runners flowed through Karl Johans street, towards the castle. Its a pretty cool sight. There were 5000 runners this year!

Already at the 1 km mark I could tell that Trine had a much better run than me. She was slowly pulling away, and I could not keep up. But I found my pace and had to keep that.
I love the path that Sentrumsløpet goes. We run up to the castle and pass it on the right. Continue further up towards Frognerparken and run straight across that. There are always a lot of spectators in the park. We then curve back down and eventually end up at Aker Brygge. Lots of spectators here too. Then the final curve around downtown and then the final sprint back down Karl Johan, where we started.
My pace was pretty steady throughout the whole race, but since my average was around 4:20 per km I knew it would not be a new PB for me.
I ended up with 43:33.
I placed 117th in my 40-44 age group (out of 443).
I`m still pleased with my results. Now I just need to keep up with my running ;-)
Oh, and Trine got 41:27. Very nice!
For all results go to www.sentrumslopet.no

No comments:

Post a Comment