Wednesday, April 27, 2011

movie poster challenge - thor - explained

I started with the original Thor poster. I then took a self portrait in a similar pose and tried to get the same shadows to save some time in Photoshop.
I had to remove the original text in the poster, then apply my portrait and mask out everything but my face. The eyes were made blue. I had to widen my face a little bit (I didn´t realize my face was that narrow). Finally I had to write in the text back in, using the same Times New Roman font.
The colors in my face and eyes were created with Adjustment Layers.

2 comments:

  1. Very cool, and you did not know your face is thin.. really? lmao.. I would like to find a really hot poster I love and try this. Lainie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Strangely enough, nobody caught my error in my font usage. It´s not Times Roman... it´s Trajan Pro!
    Karin? I figured you would have caught this... maybe you haven´t been here in a while.

    And yes, Lainie, you should do one too ;-)

    ReplyDelete